Saturday, June 4, 2022

Every picture tells a story

My loyal fans reminded me that I've been neglecting my blogs lately and that something new needs to be added. In the absence of a big cycling tour, I hastily prepared a minestrone, pêle-mêle of my last trips in Slovenia, France, Finland, Hungary, Netherlands, Italy and Germany in 2021 and 2022. So here's an urgently needed update, in pictures and much less words.

Slovenia

My lightest bike - now at the UIC limit 6.8 kg - ...
 
... at the place where my mother and father rest.

Predjamski grad. 
Once a fort against invaders and enemies, today an attraction
to rest your eyes as you feed on the sea goodies.


A couple of hundreds of years old kitchen.

Staircase in a hotel in Slovenia.

C'mon baby, light my fire.

Lipica. Wiener Snitzel Horse School in Slovenia.

Bicycle toy souvenir from Zimbabwe.
How did it ever got here to this blog?

France

Dali museum in Paris. 
Fat and heavy animals, elephants and rhinos.
Their thin legs defy gravity. Homage to Isaac Newton.

The relativity of time. 
A time that isn't there, a time that's melting and disappearing.
Homage to Albert Einstein.

Drawers. What lies in their dark depth?
What lies in the dark depth of the human subconsciousness?
That's what Dali was asking himself. In both cases, the answer is the same: nothing special.
Homage a Sigmund Freud. 


Houses in Normandie. 

Mistletoe. 

Marches on the way to Mont Saint Michel.

Myself and the rented bike.


Mont Saint Michel.
I do not know whether I should be happy to have seen it up close,
or whether I should be ashamed that, as a tourist,
I have contributed to the increase in carbon emissions.


The sea coast and walks along it. 
Mysticism, mindfulness and hopeless attempts to stop and experience the moment.
Not a chance!


Prés salés  and Mont Saint Michel.


Road to Mont Saint Michel.

More houses in Normandie. 

Finland

Angry birds' park in Rovaniemi, Finland.


Cable bridge in Rovaniemi, Finland.

My favorite coffee shop in Rovaniemi.

 Idyllic winter in Finland. It' was all so clean and white and cold.


 Cottages in Motelli Rovaniemi.
Slovenia

Trees are also living creatures – in fact, they are a miracle of life,
living perfectly well without the nervous system and intelligence.
 That means that these last two are not at all important.

Tolminska korita.
Clear water of Tolminka river.


19th stage of Giro d'Italia 2022 crosses Slovenia.


Tolminska korita.
Canyon of Zadlaščica river.




My new touring bike. Weighs 8455 g.
I made several modifications (including removing big front ring and derailleur),
reducing its weight for more than a kilo.

Hungary

From the Hieronymus Bosch exhibition in Budapest.
Phantasmal images of HB amazed me in my youth.  

Italy

From the Frida Kahlo exhibition in Trieste.




Netherlands

Amsterdam, Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh, autoportret
.
Amsterdam, Netherland's obsession with bicycles.

Rijksmuseum, Vermeer, Milkmaid.

Germany

Marcus Miller at a concert in Munchen


Marcus Miller




No comments:

Post a Comment